Who we are
Friendship Lab is a non-profit charitable organisation empowering men and women with the wisdom and skills to make their friendships thrive. We do this by providing evidence-based courses, inspiring podcast and media campaigns, research projects, arts and education collaborations and more, and through the running of this website. By using this website and accessing our services we will do all we can to protect your privacy and ensure that any personal information you share with us is stored securely. If you have any requests concerning your personal information or any queries with regard to these practices please contact us.
How do we collect information about you?
What personal data are we collecting?
We collect information that you submit to us, like name, email address, and postal address or donation details if applicable. We do not hold any card payment details for webshop purchases, event payments or online donations.
How we use the personal information
We collect information from you so we can:
- Provide the services you have requested from us.
- Ensure we are communicating appropriately with you per your request.
- Provide you with relevant information about Friendship Lab’s work.
- Process any donations received from you.
- Improve your experience on our website.
What are your rights?
- Access: You have the right to ask us to provide you with details of the personal information we hold about you.
- Correction: You have the right to ask us to correct our records if you believe they contain incorrect or incomplete information about you.
- Deletion: You have the right to deletion, without undue delay, of your personal information for which you later withdraw your consent to processing, or when it is no longer needed for the purpose it was originally collected for.
- Processing restrictions: You have the right to temporarily restrict our processing of your personal information if: you contest the accuracy of your personal information; you prefer we restrict its use rather than erase it; you need it to be preserved to establish, exercise, or defend a legal claim; whilst you are verifying whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it. You have the right to be informed before we lift the processing restriction.
- Freedom to stop email marketing: You can do this anytime by simply clicking on the unsubscribe link within any email. Requests are usually processed immediately.
- Contact us: If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us.
- Complaints: In the unlikely event of your not being satisfied with our response, you can issue a complaint by contacting us attention the Chair. We will endeavour to respond to you within 30 days from receipt of your correspondence related to privacy matters. You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office online.
Who sees your information?
The information collected is used only by Friendship Lab and is never passed to other organisations.
Friendship Lab uses Birdsend to send regular emails, WooCommerce to process webshop purchases, Tutor LMS to run our online courses, and occasionally Eventbrite to process event registrations. These companies operate highly robust data security systems. By providing us with your details when you use these services, you are giving Friendship Lab express permission to transfer your data in order to use these services.
How long is data kept for?
We will keep personal information only for as long as we need it to maintain our relationship with you, provide you with the services or information you requested, to comply with the law, and to ensure we do not communicate with individuals that asked us not to.
Links to third party websites
We also employ analytical cookies in order to provide meaningful reports about our site visitors. These cookies allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the site. This information helps us to improve the way our website works. However, these cookies do not collect personal data about you.